Better than the beep-boop sound your phone normally makes.
Not quite sure how to set a custom ringtone? We’ve put together some instructions to help you out. (But you might need to search out additional instructions depending on your device.) Here is text.
Setting a custom IRL ringtone on your smartphone
First, start on your computer
- Download the file irl-ringtone-apple.m4r from our site and save it somewhere from which it will be easy for you to drag and drop
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with the lightning cable
- In iTunes, select the iPhone from the menu bar (top left)
If using iTunes 12:
- Select “Tones” in the sidebar
- Drag and drop the file you just downloaded into this folder
If using an older version of iTunes:
- Under “Summary” scroll down to Options, and check “Manually manage music and videos”
- Go to “Tones”
- Drag and Drop the file you just downloaded into this folder
Now grab your iPhone
- Head to Settings > Sounds > Ringtone (you can unplug your phone from the computer now)
- The IRL Ringtone should appear - if not, you might have to hit the “Download” button
Because there are many different Android phones, there’s no “one way” to download a ringtone to your Android device. You’ll likely need some kind of file manager for this. You may want to search online for instructions that apply to your specific device. But here’s one of the more straightforward ways that might work for you.
- Download the file named irl-ringtone-android.mp3 to your device
- Go to Settings > Sound > Device Ringtone
- Select the file
- Tap the “Add”. You might need to select “Music Player” depending on how many file management apps you’ve installed
- Select the IRL Ringtone file and tap on “Done”